Frequently Asked Questions
For iPhone or iPad devices:
1. Navigate to the zip file you want to download.
2. Tap on the link to download the zip file as usual.
3. A screen will appear in Safari that shows a “zip” archive identifying the file as a zip file and then giving you options for what to do with the zip file, depending on what apps are installed on your iOS device: Tap on “Open in ‘Files'” text button and then choose a save destination to download and save the zip file to that location in the Files app. Alternatively, tap on the “More…” text button and then select “Save to Files” from the options available there as seen here on iPad
That’s all there is to it, now your downloaded zip file will be saved to the iPhone or iPad at the location in Files app of your choosing.
You can often preview zip files in the Files app of iOS, so if you’re interested in doing that then launch the Files app directly on the iPhone or iPad and you can check out the zip file you just saved and downloaded to the device, or to iCloud Drive.
For Android phone or tablet:
1. Download Files by Google from the Google Play Store on your Android device. Next, open the app and locate the ZIP file you would like to open. If you downloaded the compressed file, look for a “Downloads” folder.
2. From there, select the file to bring up the Extracting dialog. Tap the “Extract” button to open the file.
3. You’ll see a progress bar and then the dialog will tell you the file has been unzipped. Tap “Done” to finish. If you’d like to discard the ZIP file, you can check the “Delete ZIP File” box while closing the pop-up menu.
4. That’s it! The extracted contents from the ZIP file will be placed in the same folder location as the ZIP file itself.
You can use any translation you'd like alongside the study. We reference ESV, NASB, NIV, NLT, and the Message throughout.
Yes, we offer special pricing for bulk/wholesale orders. The more you buy, the more you save! You also can bundle our products together and get an additional discount on top of our quantity discount.
Orders typically arrive within 5-8 business days. We include a 1-2 business day processing window before the order leaves our warehouse in order to make sure every package is perfect. You can track your order here!
Customers have 30 days from the date of receiving their product to request a refund. Your item must be unused and in the same condition that it arrived in. Please send all return requests to the email email@example.com. Return labels are not provided.
If your package arrived damaged, please send us a photo of the damage to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send a replacement.
Please wait one additional business day before reaching out because USPS frequently marks that the package was delivered when in reality it wasn’t. If it doesn’t arrive after the suggested timeframe, please contact email@example.com and they will do their best to help in the situation.
We wish things were different, but that is what USPS charges us to ship such a heavy book overseas.
For all other questions, please contact us using the form down below.